Friday, January 21, 2011

Trash/AC Gate

This past fall I was helping my old boss and he was going to throw out a small white plastic fence. Instead of just throwing it away I decided to use it. I put it on the side of the house next to the side street so instead of seeing the trash cans, extra trash, and ac unit, you will see a fence. It is still white but I will try and paint it during the warmer month.

Before I did anything to side


Before I did anything to side


The I dug holes in the ground and put the post in it deep enough so the fence post were the same height as the fence. I filled the holes with some motar I had from building the fire place. I should have used concrete but I used what I had. This project has only cost me about $20.





Side veiw where I used the little fence to complete the fencing.


Now what it looks like during the summer. It's better then just seeing a wall and the ac & trash cans.


I could even put the pallets behind the fence and you can't even see them.


Looking better then before.


The fence was actually about 2 feet taller with a halfway see through part. I cut that part off so the fence would come just below the kitchen window so if you looked out you didn't just see a fence. With the top of one of the fences I put in one of the planters in front of the trailers. I think it adds a little better look and the plant has something to grow onto too.

No comments:

Post a Comment