Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Dwarf Burning Bush in Front

I finally decided on one part of the front area of the house. I went ahead and made a little bit of a flower bed in the front right area of the house. I tilled the area, which I found had a lot of small rocks. I added 3 dwarf burning bushes, whichI went ahead and paid a little more for th bigger 3 gallon size at Lowes, they should look kind of cool during the winter when they turn red.

I still need to finish it completely with adding a little border to keep weeds out and keep the mulch in the area and not washed away since I put a weed barrel sheet down and put mulch on top of it. And I think I am going to put 1-2 hostas in front of the burning bushes to help make the bushes stand out more when they turn red.






Before


After


Before


After


I added a couple of plants here and there and I have had some good luck in this area. The Salvia and Hostas have gotten big and are about 3 feet wide each.

After.  I think it has come out better then I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment